Saturday

The Winter Blahs

I have a serious case. It's cold- though not as cold as it has been. I haven't had my camera out nearly as much as I should. Rylan and Cale have been working in the back yard with wood scraps making a fort in the "woods" (AKA the tiny grove of trees behind our shed) On Monday we ran out to get something from just down the street, and I had to move the seat of the van forward- and I realized we had not been out of the house since the previous Tuesday! I changed that this week....Friend's house on Tuesday, Library on Wednesday, Scouts on Thursday, and a short trip to the co-op and taking eggs to the 2nd hand shop on Friday. Now I am ready to stay home again.

I guess there is something to be said about being at home....school got done, taxes are done, gas is saved...

I wish I could say we have caught the mice that are giving us trouble....although we leave Socks- our best mouser in at night- and he eats them whole, so he may have caught one. And we did get one on Monday- but I don't think I will share that story- I'll just say it involves me forgetting to drain the sink after doing dishes on Sunday night.

But there is a light at the end of winter- my seeds came in the mail today: cauliflower, 2 types of peas, carrots, rainbow carrots, zuchinni, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, cucumbers, sweet corn, onions, and peanuts. I just need my melons and tomato seeds, and to wait for March for the new blueberry and strawberry plants. Is Spring here yet?

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I hear ya with the winter blahs ours will come more in February Probably...we get lots and I mean lots of snow in february and it's no fun driving in it especially around here our plows don't do side roads only main roads and or salt so most times in February we can't even get off our street. We also usually get snowed in at some point and time for a day or two.
    The last two February's were pretty rough. I figure that is when we will get the most school done.
    How exciting to get your seeds for spring boy I can't wait to see the Robin come back and fix the nest in our ivy by our window how exciting that will be.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been nominated to receive a Homeschool Blog-N-Tell Award. Please visit my blog to read about your nomination and to vote.

    ReplyDelete